Atlantic Terminal Services Limited is highly recruiting for Accountant. All interested applicants should follow the details below to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 25th November. 2024
LOCATION: Takoradi Ghana
JOB TYPE: Full time
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Business Degree and preferably Master’s degree in a business related field
- Requires at least 5-8 years Accounting role experience
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of IFRS standards
- Experience with profit and cost center accounting
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively
- Good business understanding, ability to engage in an organization and add value from a finance perspective.
- Detailed understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal and port operations practices and principles.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of the systems support for the terminal, including software applications, equipment, and work flow.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements.
- A complete grasp of financial principles and practices with sound knowledge of budget development and financial administration of resources.
- Sound computer skills, proficiency in spreadsheet and computerized financial systems
- Proven conceptual, analytical skills and evaluative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Ability to review and submit monthly accounts/financial statements
- In-depth understanding of taxation
The purpose of the role is to assist the Accounting & Reporting Manager in the discharge of the finance functions: fixed assets management, financial management and control, preparation of statutory accounts for audit, fleet and inventory management, cash & treasury functions, insurance and risk management, statutory compliance, voucher processing & verification, budgeting and control, cash flow reports, costing and pricing decisions
METHOD OF APPLICATION