The Accra Institute of Technology (AIT) is a technology-driven private university, accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana.
The university is modeled on internationally renowned institutes of technology like the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the California institute of Technology (CALTECH) – both universities are consistently ranked in the top ten of the global rankings of universities worldwide.
AIT is ranked the top private university in Ghana by the Ghana Tertiary Awards. The university also received the Best Technology University in Ghana Award for a number of years. AIT is equally a leading research university in Ghana with over 250 enrolled on its PhD programs.
AIT operates both campus-based and online (open university) systems at both the undergraduate and the
postgraduate (graduate) levels. and it is credited with pioneering open university education in Ghana and
in the West Africa sub-region.
AIT Board of Trustees
The membership of the Board of Trustees of the University is made up of a number of former Vice-Chancellors of top universities and other eminent and internationally distinguished personalities
- Professor Ivan Addae-Mensah, Former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ghana.
- Professor Samuel Adjepong, Former Vice Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast.
- Professor Jophus Anamuah-Mensah, Former Vice Chancellor of the University of Education.
- Professor William Otoo Ellis,Former Vice Chancellor, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
- Professor. Anuwar Ali, Former Vice Chancellor, Open University of Malaysia.
- Professor Emmanuel Owusu-Benoah, Former Director General of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Professor Edward Ayensu, Former Chairman of the World Bank Inspection Panel.
- Professor. Clement Dzidonu, President of AIT
- Dr. K.Y Amoako, Former Under Secretary General of the United Nations.
- Rev Ama Afo-Blay Former Director General of the Ghana Education Service.
- Dr. Grace Bediako, Former Government Statistician.
- K.S Yamoah, Managing Director of the Ghana Stock Exchange.