Ashesi is committed to excellence and therefore we recruit the best and brightest students. As such our application process is highly competitive, with the average grade for admitted students not less than a B+.
We have a very comprehensive admissions process that includes a personal interview and review of each applicant’s profile by a selection committee. Though emphasis is placed on academic merit, the admissions committee also focuses on factors such as leadership potential, involvement in extracurricular activities, communication skills and writing proficiency.
The sections below outline specific application criteria for domestic, international and transfer students:
Ghanaian Nationals International Students Transfer Students
(1) Ghanaian Nationals
- Completed application form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- High School Transcripts.
- One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary School Examination (WASSCE) scores – a minimum grade of C6 is required to apply. The six subjects used to calculate standard WASSCE score are; Integrated Science, Core Math, English and three other electives.
- IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level and at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate(IB) certificate or IB Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
The application procedure and timetable are the same for both international and domestic candidates. Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international candidates in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
International students for whom English is a second language must submit either a paper-based or internet-based TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 65 for Internet Based Test (iBT) and 550 for the Paper-Based Test (PBT).
Transfer candidates must also provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that an official transcript has been received from each institution attended in order to complete your application.
Ashesi does not accept transfers into the 3rd or 4th year of our program. A transfer student who is admitted to Ashesi University will be placed in the 1st or 2nd year and will be eligible to take classes from the 3rd or 4th year, depending on the number of credits they are able to transfer into Ashesi’s curriculum from their previous university.
Only courses with a grade of C+ equivalent or better that fit with Ashesi’s curriculum will be transferred. In addition, you will be asked to take an exam and achieve a passing grade before a grade is transferred.