1. WASSCE/SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) programme is as follows:
i. WASSCE Holders:
PASSES (A1 – D7) in Six (6) subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, with a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the six subjects relevant to the programme of choice.
ii. SSSCE Holders:
PASSES (A – D) in Six (6) subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics. Three (3) of the six subjects must be relevant to the programme of choice.
iii. Candidates Awaiting the MAY/JUNE, 2019 WASSCE RESULTS may also purchase the online forms and apply.
1. Fill the Application form and supply all required details including your passport picture.
2. An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
3. Click the ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form and come back at a later time to edit.
Click ‘Submit’ to complete your online application and after that click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
4. Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will need your Application Form Number shown on the page to check your admission status and to print your admission letter
5. Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
6. Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward by post to the College of Education you are applying to. Failure to do so will result in rejection of your application. Write your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.
1. WASSCE /SSSCE QUALIFICATION APPLICANTS
The general requirement for admission to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) Programme for both WASSCE AND SSSCE HOLDERS is CREDIT IN SIX (6) SUBJECTS COMPRISING THREE (3) CORE AND THREE (3) ELECTIVE SUBJECTS as specified below for the various options within the Programme (CREDIT MEANS A1-D7 FOR WASSCE AND A-D FOR SSSCE).
A. GENERAL PROGRAMME
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES AND TWO ELECTIVE SUBJECTS FROM ANY SHS PROGRAMME AREA OF STUDY.
B. EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION STUDIES
WASSCE /SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES AND
TWO ELECTIVE SUBJECTS FROM ANY SHS PROGRAMME AREA OF STUDY.
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND TWO ELECTIVE SUBJECTS IN THE AREA OF MATHEMETICS AND/OR SCIENCE (ELECTIVE MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY)
Admission into the school is supervised and structured by the Principals of Colleges of Education(PRINCOF).
Admission forms are sold in February each year. The forms are sold at Designated regional post offices or any college of education . Admission requirement into are as follows;
6 subjects in all including April and June
3 core subjects and 3 electives subjects.
The core subjects must include English,Integrated Science and Maths In them.
You should have at least c6 in all the 6 subjects .