Admission Requirements for First Degree Duration 3 yeras
Category A: Senior High School (SHS) Certificate holders
- Must have six (6) credit passes (A-D) or better, including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science/Integrated Science, and three (3) Electives.
- Senior High School (WASSCE) applicants with 6 credit passes (A1 – C6) OR BETTER in 6 subjects comprising three (3) core subjects (English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subjects in their WASSCE.
The WAEC equivalent of the WASSCE/SSSCE grading system has been adopted. This is shown in the table
|D7 & E8||E||5|
Category B: Mature Applicants
- Must be at least 25 years by 1st February or 1st September of the academic year one wants to enrol
- Must hold:
- A Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ OR
- SHS Certificate or a Certificate of Professional Training from recognised institution
- Must have credit passes in Mathematics (core) and English OR
- Pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination comprising of a General Paper (including English and Mathematics) and a Special Paper (to test standard achievement in subjects relevant to the programme for which he/she is applying)
- Must pass an interview.
Category C: Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Category D: Diploma Holders
- Recognized Diploma / Certificate: (RSA III, ABCE, etc.)
- Applicants with foundation stages of ACCA, ICA, CIMA and other professional qualifications.
- HND holders for top-up programs.
Category E: School Certificate/GCE Holders
- Five (5) credits at GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics as well as two (2) ‘A’ Level passes other than General Paper in relevant subjects.
- Applicants with ‘A’ Level results which are more than five (5) years old should apply as mature applicants.