The National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) Ghana directives guide the Admissions Policy for school candidates. All applications to the University College must be accompanied by original transcripts from previous institutions or examination bodies. Awarding institutions must be accredited and recognized by the National Accreditation Board.
1. West African Examination Council (WAEC) Examination Category
These are the standard nationally recognized examinations for academic progression into tertiary educational institutions in Ghana.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE).Grade D or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core), Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three (3) elective subject.
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)Grade C6 or better in three (3) core subjects (English Language, Mathematics (Core), Integrated Science or Social studies) and three (3) electives subjects.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced LevelPasses in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students.
- Advance Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)Passes in three (3) subjects (at least one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).