We are committed to excellence and therefore recruit the best and brightest students through a very competitive application process. Though we place an emphasis on academic merit, our admissions process also focuses on factors such as leadership potential, extracurricular activities, communication skills and writing proficiency.
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE); Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- Six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- American / Canadian High School Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
(Please note that all certificates and results slips other than the WASSCE must be referred to the National Accreditation Board for verification, evaluation and to determine their eligibility for admission into Ashesi.)
In addition to meeting the requirements described for Ghanaian nationals, applications from International students must meet the following requirements:
- Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
- Evidence of English Language proficiency: International students for who English was not a language of instruction during high school, must submit evidence of English language proficiency, including but not limited to the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE): Three core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science, and three elective subjects including Elective Mathematics and Physics, with a C6 or better in each of them.
- A-Level: Three A-Level passes (A-D) including Mathematics and Physics, and six IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required for admission to Ashesi. A grade of D or better in Further Mathematics instead of Mathematics is also acceptable for entry as a prospective engineering major.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: For prospective engineering students, Mathematics SL with a 5 or better, or Mathematics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry mathematics requirement; similarly, Physics SL with a 5 or better, or Physics HL with a 3 or better is acceptable to fulfil the entry physics requirement. However, Mathematics HL and Physics HL are expected to be a competitive engineering applicant.
All students that transfer into Ashesi must begin as first year students. Ashesi currently does not accept transfers into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of our academic program.
In order to secure admission, transfer candidates must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that Ashesi has received an official transcript from each institution attended in order to complete your application.
Deadlines Open or Close
• Early Deadline: 26th March 2020
• Regular Deadline: 1st July 2020
• Late Deadline: 15th September 2020
The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications during the Late Admissions period.
Download CAO Admissions App
Get Easy and fast Admission, Buy Admission Forms, Check Admission Status, Print Admission Letter, Buy Placement Checker, Buy Results Checker Card, Check Results, Check NABTEX Results, Check School Fees, Ask admission related Questions, Check Placement, Check Cut off point for all schools, Check School Qualification and program Qualification.