The official application fee for registering of a business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is 15,000 Naira Only. Other fees charged to businesses and companies include: Application form for company name registration costs ₦500.00, and other forms attached cost ₦100 each.
Certified true copy of incorporation form: ₦2,000.00
- Certified true copies of other documents: 2,000.00 per document
- Search on business name file has an attached service fee of ₦1,000.00 per business name file
- Original copy of business name certificate of registration: ₦5,000.00
- Original copies of other documents: ₦2,000.00 per document
- Registration of private company/Increase in Share Capital above ₦1million and up to ₦500million attracts a fee of ₦5,000.00 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of private company/Increase in share capital above ₦500million comes with a service charge of ₦7,500.00 for every N1million share capital
- Registration of Public company/Increase in share capital has a service charge of: ₦20,000.00 for the first N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of Public Company/Increase in share capital above N1million and up to N500 million. N10,000.00 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of Public Company/increase in share capital above ₦500million attracts a service fee of N15,000.00 for every N1million share capital or part thereof
- Registration of Companies without share capital comes with: ₦20,000.00 fee
- Re-instatement/Relisting of company name costs ₦25,000.00
- Registration of charges for private company costs ₦10,000.00 for every N1million or part thereof
- Registration of charges for public company costs ₦20,000.00 for every 1Million or part thereof
- The registration of the appointment of a liquidator has a ₦10,000.00 fee
- Registration of resolution for winding up process costs ₦10,000.00
- Application for extension of time for holding of annual general meeting by a public company gets a ₦10,000.00 penalty
- For a private company to file an application seeking to extend its annual general meeting attracts a ₦5,000.00 levy.
- Letter of Good Standing costs ₦10,000
- Applying for the original certificate of registration for a business name costs ₦10,000
- Original copies of memorandum costs ₦3,000.00
- For an electronic search of company files by the commission attracts a ₦1,000.00 fee.
- Manual Search by customers costs ₦2,000.00 per company file
- For the staff of the commission to prepare a manual Search report costs ₦5,000.00
- To get the certified true copies of documents attracts a charge of ₦2,000.00 per document
The corporate affairs commission is an autonomous institution laced with the duties of supervising and regulating the setting up as well as registration of companies in the country.
These duties are performed by personnel who are duly accredited by the relevant bodies such as the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, as well as the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)