BELOW ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND COURSES
Ashesi is committed to excellence and therefore we recruit the best and brightest students. As such our application process is highly competitive, with the average grade for admitted students not less than a B+.
We have a very comprehensive admissions process that includes a personal interview and review of each applicant’s profile by a selection committee. Though emphasis is placed on academic merit, the admissions committee also focuses on factors such as leadership potential, involvement in extracurricular activities, communication skills and writing proficiency.
The sections below outline specific application criteria for domestic, international and transfer students:
Ghanaian Nationals International Students Transfer Students
(1) Ghanaian Nationals
- Completed application form in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- High School Transcripts.
- One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary School Examination (WASSCE) scores – a minimum grade of C6 is required to apply. The six subjects used to calculate standard WASSCE score are; Integrated Science, Core Math, English and three other electives.
- IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level and at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate(IB) certificate or IB Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
The application procedure and timetable are the same for both international and domestic candidates. Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international candidates in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
International students for whom English is a second language must submit either a paper-based or internet-based TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 65 for Internet Based Test (iBT) and 550 for the Paper-Based Test (PBT).
Transfer candidates must also provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that an official transcript has been received from each institution attended in order to complete your application.
Ashesi does not accept transfers into the 3rd or 4th year of our program. A transfer student who is admitted to Ashesi University will be placed in the 1st or 2nd year and will be eligible to take classes from the 3rd or 4th year, depending on the number of credits they are able to transfer into Ashesi’s curriculum from their previous university.
Only courses with a grade of C+ equivalent or better that fit with Ashesi’s curriculum will be transferred. In addition, you will be asked to take an exam and achieve a passing grade before a grade is transferred.
(1) Start Online Application or Paper Application
- Online Application:
Click here to open Online Application Form
- Paper Application:
If you prefer to fill a paper application, download and complete the forms below:
(2) Pay Application Fees
- GHs100 for Ghanaian nationals; $50 for international applicants. (How to pay application fees)The Late Admissions period attracts an extra GHs50. We also do not accept scholarship and international applications for the Late Admissions period.
- Application Payments can be made as follows
- MTNMobile Money
- Transfer application fee to merchant mobile number: 024 526 4831
- Name of recipient should be Ashesi University College
- Applicants should quote the following information on their application form or in the task box in the online application portal:
- Mobile number used for transaction by applicant
- Transaction ID
- Reference Number (Applicant’s Name should be used as the reference)
- For Applicants who will like to pay via Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover or Mobile Money (MTN, Airtel Money, Tigo Cash, Vodaphone Cash) see link below. https://expresspaygh.com/ashesi. Applicants should quote the expressPay generated transaction reference number on their application form (paper applications) or in the task box on the online application portal.
- Direct Deposit/Rapid Transfer at any Ecobank Branch in Ghana and West AfricaAccount Name: Ashesi Admission feesAccount Number: 02000 144 116 009 05Bank: EcobankBranch: OsuCurrency: Ghana Cedi
- Wire Transfer from within West Africa
- SWIFT code: ECOCGHACAccount Name: Ashesi University CollegeAccount Number: 02010 144 116 009 01Bank: ECOBANK, PMB CT443, ACCRA-GHANABranch: OsuCurrency: US Dollar
- International Payments (All other countries)
- SWIFT code: ECOCGHACAccount Name: Ashesi University CollegeAccount Number: 02010 144 116 009 01Bank: ECOBANK, PMB CT443, ACCRA-GHANABranch: Osu * Attach a copy of your payment receipt to your complete application. Failure to follow instructions stated above will result in the delay of processing your application
- MTNMobile Money
(3) Submit completed applications
Ashesi University College
PMB CT3, Cantonments,
The admissions office can only process your application upon receipt of the proof of payment. The university is not liable for payments transferred into the wrong account or those which may not, due to bank error, reflect in Ashesi’s bank account.