AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently looking for an engineering Superintendent – Pastefill & Material Handling expert to work with their team. All interested Applicants should apply using the details below.
AngloGold Limited was formed in June 1998 through the consolidation of the gold interests of Anglo American Corporation of South Africa Limited (AAC) and its associated companies, namely East Rand Gold and Uranium Company Limited; Eastvaal Gold Holdings Limited; Southvaal Holdings Limited; Free State Consolidated Gold Mines Limited; Elandsrand Gold Mining Company Limited; H.J. Joel Gold Mining Company Limited and Western Deep Levels Limited into a single, focused, independent, gold company.
CLOSING DATE: 25th November 2022
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or Equivalent
- Strong management and leadership skills will be an advantage
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Materials Transport and Conveyor Maintenance Supervisor with over 10 years’ experience in underground mining.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body (e.g. Ghana Institution of Engineers)
- Strong materials movement and conveying competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of conveyor and belting maintenance/ replacement
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Qualified applicants will be responsible for accountable for the development and implementation of Material Handling plants (Conveyors-underground and near shaft banks, Crushers and Chutes) and equipment and Pastefill Plant Maintenance and minor projects through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems, and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
The role is accountable for providing leadership and guidance to the Pastefill and Material Handling team to deliver safe, productive, and efficient operational output from the Pastefill and Material Handling department. The role holder will be accountable for coordinating and supervising the material movements underground, ensuring that the equipment is maintained and operated according to the original equipment manufacturer standards so that it can be handed over in a timely manner, ‘fit for purpose’ to the mining operations team for safe and efficient use.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To Apply for this Job, click here to start your application.