- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Groups and Events Coordinator
Responsible for assisting the concentrated sales efforts of the Groups and Events Sales Team and to extend that assistance to other professional sales team members when requested.
- The job of Groups & Events Coordinator is executed satisfactorily when:
- The Hotel achieves its Financial Objectives.
- The Group and Events Sales team achieves their Revenue Objectives.
- The person achieves their Personal Objectives.
- The Performance Evaluation is carried out to the satisfaction of both Director of Groups & Events and the Groups and Events Coordinator.
- Assume complete responsibility for learning from initial orientation and training programs conducted when joining the sales team by the Groups & Events Manager and all sales associates.
- Constantly gather, understand and apply the expanding knowledge of foods, beverages, technical equipment and inter-departmental procedures to the sales and planning process with the client through the Groups & Events Manager.
- Maintain an up-to-date planning information portfolio for easy reference in the sales and planning process.
- Effectively represent the Hotel in all telephone, written and personal contacts with potential, past and current clients with warm and friendly guest contact, an ever-present willingness to assist, and especially an obvious desire to welcome client business to the hotel.
- Follow all directions and guidelines shared by the Groups & Events Manager precisely asking questions to better understand any directions and guidelines which may be unclear.
- Keep all colleagues abreast of all information from the client which maybe vital to timely response.
- Prepare all typed materials (proposals, contracts, banquet event orders, change forms and all other inter-departmental forms) accurately and thoroughly realizing the importance of such in order to ensure anticipated results.
- Assume responsibility for small groups as assigned by the Groups & Events Manager following all department sales and planning procedures precisely and at all times.
- Handle all type of events under the supervision of the Groups & Events Manager
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Hotel School or University education preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a 5 star hotel preferably in Sales or Banqueting.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- To fill this position the candidate must have:
- Negotiation skills
- Selling skills
- Knowledge of food and menu preparation, service and presentation as well as pricing and cost strategies.
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of Groups & Events:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
- To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Team player
- Open to new ideas and visions
- Can do attitude at all times
- Effective communication skills
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10 August. 2024