International Labour Organization is urgently searching for Finance and Administrative Assistant to work with their team. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
- Company: International Labour Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations.
The Following Are Eligible To Apply
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates
The ILO values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com .
The ILO seeks to recruit a National Project Officer at the NO-B level to support the implementation of the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on intensifying action against forced labour in the fishing sector through innovation.
The programme, which has global, regional and national components, is funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development & Cooperation (NORAD). At the national level, the programme will be implemented in Ghana over a period of 30 months. Other target countries include South Africa and Indonesia.
The Programme Overall Goals Are
- Strengthened partnerships and knowledge sharing among governments, social partners and Alliance 8.7 partners to reduce forced labour in the fishing sector;
- Improved legal and policy framework to prevent, identify and address forced labour and to protect victims in the fishing sector;
- Workers and employers are empowered to engage and adopt solutions to prevent, identify and tackle forced labour in the fishing sector.
The project falls under the technical responsibility of the Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work (FUNDAMENTALS) Branch of the Governance and Tripartism Department (GOVERNANCE). The FUNDAMENTALS Branch carries out technical cooperation, research and advocacy functions to assist ILO constituents to respect, promote and realize the fundamental principles and rights at work, which are: freedom of association and effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining; elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour; effective abolition of child labour; and elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Description of Duties
- The Finance/ Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative and financial support to the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on intensifying action against forced labour in the fishing sector through innovation.
- Assist in the preparation of budget estimates and expenditure, forecasts.
- Assist in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the ILO financial rules and regulations;
- Collect quotations, draft contracts and agreements with partners and suppliers
- Assist in providing information to project’s Implementing Partners on ILO administrative and financial procedures. Inform potential difficulties that may arise from the administrative and finance management
- Perform administrative tasks, including logistical support to the project personnel, travel arrangements (including TA request), visas, hotel reservation, etc., and provide logistics arrangements for meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Provide support for incoming and outgoing missions, and provide briefing materials and support to project staff undertaking project activities.
- Assist in drafting terms of reference for project external collaboration contracts and service contracts under the guidance of National Project Officer and Programme Manager.
- Review project documentation for clarity and consistency as required.
- Organize data and information, prepare and maintain records and documents.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings together with the National Project Officer and the Global Coordinator of the Accelerator Lab 8.7 programme on the timely implementation of the activities in Ghana.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the National Project Officer and the Director of the Country Office.
Completion of secondary school education, plus formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field from a recognized school.
Five years of professional experience in the finance and administrative field.
Fluency in English, both oral and written is required. A working knowledge of relevant local language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures and accounting principles, ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports, operate computer program and software packages for various administrative actions,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels and ability to work accurately with administrative data.
- Good knowledge of the ILO administrative and personnel rules, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Good knowledge of national/local laws and regulations Relevant to the conduct of financial and administrative matters.
- Excellent team spirit, as part of a diverse team based in Ghana, regionally and internationally.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Good negotiation skills. Ability to clarify information.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Must display a high standard of ethical conduct and exhibit honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes
Candidates assessed by the Panel and considered eligible for appointment but who are not selected for this vacant post may be offered an assignment to another position at the same or lower grade provided that they meet the minimum qualifications required.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Assessed candidates who will be considered as appointable but not selected for this position can also be offered to be assigned on another temporary position at the same or at a lower grade provided that said candidates possesses the minimum qualifications for this position.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 31 August. 2024