International Justice Mission (IJM) is urgently searching for a Law Enforcement Specialist to work with their company. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
CLOSING DATE: 26 September, 2024
• Conduct collaborative and independent surveillance to locate victims and suspects in human trafficking cases on Volta Lake;
• Establish and maintain a network of operatives and informants who can provide accurate, timely, and actionable information about cases of forced labor trafficking on the lake.
• Assist the investigation team in developing a strategy for human trafficking investigations.
• Produce detailed investigative reports on a daily basis;
• Contribute to the planning of rescue and arrest operations;
• Receive training on international best practices in criminal investigation.
• Assist IJM in developing mutually beneficial relationships with Ghana Police officials and non-governmental actors.
• Assist in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted investigations and interventions on behalf of victims;
• Serve as a witness in criminal court if necessary;
• Comply with all IJM, government, and donor requirements;
• Work with the IJM legal team to ensure successful prosecutions in court; and
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred but not required;
• Minimum 5 years employment with the Ghana Police Service or similar law enforcement entity;
• Fluency and professionalism in oral and written communication in English as well as Ga Dangme or Ewe;
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications preferred but not required; and
• No criminal record
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith By E-mail to: