- Type: Full-time
- Location: Accra
- Salary: negotiable / month
- Category: Sales and Retail.
- COMPANY: XyCareers Ghana
A reputable company is looking for an innovative procurement manager to manage their procurement team.
You will lead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, and also provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
Our procurement manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
Procurement managers, also known as purchasing managers, manage a company’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain. They are responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expense.
USAID Advancing Nutrition is USAID’s flagship multi-sectoral nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners. The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change, and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
From 2024 – 2024, USAID Advancing Nutrition will provide technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve equitable delivery of quality services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development. Technical services provided through USAID Advancing Nutrition will strengthen national and local government planning in Northern Ghana and stimulate the development of multisectoral solutions most pressing food security and nutrition problems. The portfolio will encompass activities funded by USAID/Washington as well as the USAID Ghana Mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to the Organization. The Procurement Assistant promotes a collaborative, client focused, quality and result oriented approach in the Procurement Unit. Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch / delivery
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- • Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation;
- • Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- • Assist with the coordination and selection of bids to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- • Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract
- • Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- • Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- • Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- • Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- • Perform other duties related field as assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management or a relevant field
- • Must have 4 – 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- • Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- • A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- • Must have procurement related experience on a USAID-funded project
- • Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- • A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- • Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- • Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills
Mode of Application
To apply for this Job, Click here