You can check the status of your application online using your my Social Security account. If you are unable to check your status online, you can call us 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our online services let you get the information you need from anywhere, on any device. If you applied for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits, or have a pending reconsideration or hearing request, you can log in to or create a my Social Security account to check the status of your application.
Your application status shows:
- Your re-entry number for an online benefit application or online appeal that has not been submitted;
- The date we received your application or appeal;
- Scheduled hearing date and time;
- Current claim or appeal location, including the address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.