PAYE (Pay As You Earn) is a method of tax deduction from employees’ salaries or wages and it applies to all income from any office or employment.
Here’s how to file ZRA PAYE returns online:
1. Log on to from your browser
2. Enter your ZRA PIN, click Continue. Enter Password and Security Stamp ( answer to arithmetic sum) and Click Log In
3. Under the returns section, click on file returns then select income Tax followed by the PAYE option.
4. Click on the returns tabs and then the last item ITR for employment income
5. Fill in the sections marked with a red asterisk on Section A.
6. Then in section T only two sections are necessary section 1.1 and 2.5
7. Then Move to Section F fill out Total Employment Income.
8. Click on the section M tab and check that taxable salary, tax payable on taxable salary and tax deducted salary tally the information reflected on the P9.
9. Next in Section Q fill in the tax paid in advance if applicable. This is the last section of filling in the return. Once complimented click submit.
10. If successful you will get a tab saying, “return slip generated’. You can click on the download returns slip to get your slip.