Ho Polytechnic announces for the information of the general public that applications for admission to various academic programmes are still ongoing. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for admission to any of the following programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic Year:
HO POLYTECHNIC TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY (B.TECH) PROGRAMMES
• BTech Hospitality and Tourism Management (Regular/Weekend Options)
• BTech Automobile Engineering (Regular)
• BTech Agricultural Engineering (Regular)
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
Engineering, Applied Sciences and Technology Programmes
• HND Agricultural Engineering (Regular)
• HND Mechanical Engineering (Regular)
• HND Building Technology (Regular)
• HND Civil Engineering(Regular)
• HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering(Regular)
• HND Statistics (Regular)
• HND Agro-Enterprise Development (Regular)
• HND Information Communication Technology(Regular)
• HND Food Technology (Regular)
• HND Computer Science (Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
• HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
• HND Fashion Design and Textiles (Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
• HND Industrial Art (Regular)
Business and Management Programmes
• HND Accountancy (Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
• HND Marketing(Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
• HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (Regular)
• HND Banking and Finance (regular, Evening and Weekend options
• HND Purchasing and Supply (Regular, Evening and Weekend options)
HO POLYTECHNIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
• HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
• Any other equivalent qualification
• Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
• Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and
• At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
• Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
• Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
1. Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
2. Must have two (2) years industrial experience.
3. Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in the area of specific programme of study)
4. And/or pass an interview.
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Polytechnic.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicant from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
HO POLYTECHNIC NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
• Advanced Fashion
• Motor Vehicle Technician Part I (MVT I &II) / Agric Engineering Technician Part I &II
• Construction Technician Certificate Part I & II (CTC I & II)
• Certificate II in Catering
• Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting, Secretaryship, Marketing, Management and Statistics Options)
• Diploma in Business Administration
• EEE Technician Part I, II & III
• Pre-HND Access Course For Technical/Vocational School Graduates
NOTE: All Admissions to Ho Polytechnic are strictly via the Online Admission System
HO POLYTECHNIC E-VOUCHER SALES CENTRES
An E-voucher Number and PIN can be obtained from:
a. All Regional Post Offices in Ghana
b. All networked Branches of Zenith Bank in Ghana.
c. Online, using Visa Credit/Debit Card at http://admissions.hopoly.edu.gh/evoucher
COST OF E-VOUCHER
Bachelor of Technology Applicants – GH¢140
HND Applicants – GH¢130
Mature Applicants – GH¢140
Non-tertiary Applicants – GH¢120
International Students – USD100
NOTE: All mature applicants will be expected to pay an additional amount of GH¢50.00 on or before the day of the entrance examinations at the Polytechnic campus to cover the cost of the entrance examinations.