SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organization that provides a stable family environment for children in need and without parental care or at risk of losing parental care, with four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Asokore Mampong & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Programme (FSP). Family Strengthening
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of: Financial Controller
• The successful applicant heads the Finance Department and ensures that all the Accounting records of the association are done with strict adherence to set standards.
• He will report to the National Director and be responsible for the supervision of the Senior Accountant, National Office Finance Officers and all the Prograamme Location Accountants.
• He will provide technical financial supervision to the Programme Directors in each of our four (4) locations.
• As the finance partner to the management team, applicant will be responsible for ensuring sound financial controls, playing a prominent role in driving organizational performance through the financial supply chain, advising and developing organizational strategy together with the management team, ensuring compliance with global policies and internal controls; serving as point of contact external and internal auditors.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate must:
• Hold a minimum qualification of first degree preferably in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) plus ICA/ACCA final certificate.
• An MBA degree in Finance is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as Head of Finance and with basic administrative skills.
• Preferably within the NGO sector.
• Strong Administrative and Organizational Skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS in dealing with donors and partnerships with donor funding agencies
• Have a basic understanding of programme design development and budgeting especially in the sectors of education, health, livelihoods, safeguarding childcare
• Have the ability to coordinate and be the link amomg finance, programme, and potential institutional donors
• Be able to maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective and prompt financial reporting.
• Have the following competencies: leadership, innovation, team playing, flexible, self-drive and have the ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines.
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and the use of Internet for research.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications and Curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P. O. Box AN 16657
Or email to
Closing Date: 13 August, 2024
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.