International Justice Mission (IJM) is urgently looking for a Communications & Media Coordinator who will act as a local champion for the IJM brand, upholding global brand and storytelling standards that will help IJM become a global leader in innovative, ethical storytelling.
This gifted leader will raise IJM Ghana’s global visibility by providing compelling stories and content in collaboration with the Regional Communications Team to support the global activation and advancement (fundraising, advocacy, and mobilization) teams.
• Assist with content creation and strategic executions on existing social media platforms.
• Manage IJM’s Social Media Account and ensure that IJM’s Facebook and Instagram Pages, fact sheets, and other resources reflect accurate information about Ghana’s public justice system transformation work.
• Create and implement strategies for increasing traffic to IJM’s social media pages.
• Consistently document and report on the outcomes of media engagement for program analysis, monitoring, and evaluation (every after engagement with monthly consolidation).
• Developing communications and media strategies to increase the program’s overall impact.
• Advise the Director of Justice Projects on how to use media and communications effectively to help team projects succeed.
• Establish and manage relationships with members of the mainstream media and media in areas where you have a field presence.
• Write and distribute regular press releases, briefings, and editorials to the local media in order to raise IJM’s profile.
• Present story ideas to producers of TV, radio, and online segments that have the potential to create a ripple effect in the fight against child trafficking.
• Collaborate with IJM staff to provide communications support at press conferences and events.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, marketing journalism, broadcasting or related field (Master’s preferred).
• At least 2-3 years’ professional experience in story writing, internal messaging development and editing desirable;
• Experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) or similar program.
• Fluency in English and at least one local language, with excellent writing and speaking in both.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook.
• Photography and videography skills will be an advantage;
• Good grasp of digital media – news site, websites, blogs, FB, Instagram and Twitter;
• Experience in the Ghanaian media landscape with key contacts will be an advantage;
• Exceptional follow-through and accountability for results;
• Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures;
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
• Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
• Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
METHOD AOF APPLICATION
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith By E-mail :