The Newmont Mining Corporation is currently recruiting for a Mine Maintenance Serviceman who will work with their team. All interested applicants should apply using the details below:
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects, and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia, and Africa.
CLOSING DATE: 25th November 2022
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
To qualify for this Job profile, consider these requirements:
- Senior High School Certificate or Mechanical Technician.
- General understanding of maintenance engineering.
- Have a Ghanaian License E and ability to operate Newmont CAT740 Lube truck, telehandler and forklift
- Minimum of 2 years mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience, preferably in a mining or industrial environment.
- Basic communication (English written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand documentation.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with peers and supervisor.
- Safety conscious.
- Detail oriented.
- Takes Initiative.
- Manual dexterity.
- Team Player.
Below are the roles associated with this job profile.
- Perform daily servicing of heavy mining and auxiliary equipment using any available service truck on the site , example CAT 740ADT, MAN Truck, Toyota 4×4 Truck
- Assist in carrying out oil level checks and oil changes on all mining and support equipment to maintain equipment or vehicle in standard and serviceable condition.
- Use forklifts, telehandlers and other lifting devices to convey oils and lubes safely for dispense to service trucks and for other requirements as may be necessary.
- Maintain daily/shift service, fuel and lubes records, and provide information and recommendations about equipment health to dispatchers and supervisors.
- Assist in performing routine checks, daily inspections, pressure/temperature checks and fluid level checks on all production equipment and have direct responsibility for the following:
- Greasing of all available and required greasing points on all production equipment: bearings and joints , inspect component joints for defects.
- Provide daily distribution of fuel and lubes to mining equipment per the standard schedule.
- Collaborate and follow daily inspection and service schedule as directed by the maintenance dispatchers or shift supervisors.
- Carry out daily inspections and report all defects on the service trucks for repairs and correction.
- Ensure that service or lube trucks and its nozzles / Wiggins are always clean and in good condition to meet contamination control standards.
- Raise reservations for lubricants in SAP and ensure their dispense into service trucks.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Comply with all Newmont and regulatory agency Health, Safety, Loss Prevention and Environmental procedures, requirements and standards.
- Operate in a safe manner and take steps to prevent minimal wear and tear and/or damage to equipment.
- Work without risk or harm to others.
- Maintain a strong focus of safety throughout all activities.
- Attend daily morning safety meetings.
- Observe and adherence to all fatality risk management (FRM) critical controls.
- Observe all exclusion zones in the pits as required by geotechnical team.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To Apply for this Job, click here to start your application.