The Department of Social Protection’s online portal www.mywelfare.ie is by far the easiest and quickest way for all customers to apply.
All you need is an email address, PPSN and bank account details to use these services. You will have to set up a basic MyGovID account but it is a simple and straight forward process.
You can use MyWelfare to make appointments, order statements and apply for certain social welfare payments. You can also update your contact and other details.
How can we help you today?
Apply for payment if you have been affected by COVID19. You can also close your Pandemic Unemployment Payment
Maternity Benefit , Paternity Benefit, Child Benefit, Parents Benefit and Benefit of Work Estimator
Apply for a Personal Public Service (PPS) Number
Pension services and payments for over 65 year olds
Payment Statements and Contribution Statements
Apply for Jobseeker’s Payments or calculate how income affects your payment
Jobs listings for those looking for work or changing jobs
Updates to MyWelfare services
You can now apply for:
- Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
- Enhanced Illness Benefit for Covid-19 including for self-isolation cases
- Jobseekers Payments
Verify your account
You can also:
- apply for the many other social welfare payments, including Maternity Benefit , Parents Benefit
- access services for jobseekers
- request a copy of your social insurance contribution record and social welfare payment statements
This online channel enables the department to quickly process applications, while being convenient, safe and easy for individuals to use.