The Department of Social Protection is a department of the Government of Ireland, tasked with administering Ireland’s social welfare system. It oversees the provision of income support and other social services. It is led by the Minister for Social Protection who is assisted by two Ministers of State.
Are social welfare payments paid early this week?
People who are paid weekly will receive their normal payment plus an extra advance payment . As well as being double payments – most payments will be made earlier in the week than usual.
- Disability and illness
- Unemployed people
- Older and retired people
- Families and children
- Death related benefits
- Social welfare payments and work
- Farming and fishing
- Back to Education
- Extra social welfare benefits
- Supplementary Welfare Schemes
Voluntary work and social welfare paymentsIf you want to keep your social welfare payment and do some voluntary work, you must follow the rules set down by the Department of Social Protection.
Social welfare payments and COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- If you have no work, or less work than before
- If you cannot work because you are sick
- If you cannot work because you have to look after children
- If you plan to take a holiday
- If you cannot pay your rent
- If you want to return to education
- Going back to work
- Collecting your social welfare payment
- PRSI contributions
- Free Travel Scheme
- Intreo centres