Safari Valley Resort is urgently looking for a Sous Chef to work with them. All interested applicants should apply using the details below.
Job Title: Sous Chef
Division: Food Preparation
Reports To: Executive Chef
Scope and General Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Kitchen area, in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef, with the prime objective of providing a first class product, timeously and of an excellent standard, in keeping with the established expected standards of the Resort.
• Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of the day-to-day running of the food production area. To maintain operating and service standard levels, in keeping with Resort expectations, by means of up-dated SOP’s and training programs, throughout the Kitchen. To promote the food product, through presentation standards and guest contact, in improving the overall food image.
• Attends regular problem solving and operational meetings with Executive Sous Chef to ensure smooth running of the department, with the aim of maintaining Resort standards.
• Takes personal interest in staff welfare to ensure the team remains highly motivated and performs at its best under operational conditions.
• Daily inspects Kitchen areas to ensure that tidiness, correct storage, stock levels, and the highest degree of hygiene are maintained. Actions any irregularities immediately.
• Regularly attends all food stock takes and ensures accuracy and correctness.
• Do not run out of menu items for service.
• Assist in the ordering, through the Executive Chef and Purchasing Manager, all food items required to produce the required menus at the standard expected and within the budgetary constraints.
• Assists in monitoring goods delivered to ensure correct items are received at the agreed quality and price.
• Liaises closely with F&B Management and Butlers to ensure smooth running of all private dining functions.
• Assists in maximising food profitability by controlling all spillage, spoilage and wastage. This is to be achieved by the use of correct storage and production of raw materials.
• Monitors portion control and maximizes profitability, but never compromises on the guest value for money.
• Assists the Executive Chef in the on-going training program to improve the overall skills of the team and, hence, improve productivity and standards.
• Maintains the highest degree of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, and instils on this pride in the team.
• Is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Good communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Good Knowledge in kitchen operations
• Problem solving
• Can work on shift base i.e. Day & Night shift
• Team player
Qualification Required & Experience
Education & Experience
• Minimum of at least WASSCE or Diploma with professional culinary qualifications
• At least 8 years cooking experience in recognized institutions
• Good knowledge in the use of Kitchen wares, food ingredients, and kitchen software
• Good knowledge on Local and Continental dishes, Meal setups and packaging
• Good knowledge on Hot Kitchen, Cold Kitchen, Pastry Kitchen, Butchery, stock taking and Kitchen Administration.
• Willing to relocate, work under pressure, and long hours.
Salary is open for negotiations.
Location: Adukrom Akuapim – Eastern Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their Applications & CVs to:
Closing Date: 11 September, 2024