The Tamale Polytechnic, Ghana hereby invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for her admission into Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Higher National Diploma (HND), Technical/Vocational (Tech/Voc.) and Professional Programme in the institution for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admissions into the following programmes of study:
TAMALE POLYTECHNIC COURSES/PROGRAMMES & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A. BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- 1. Accounting with Computing
- 2. Agricultural Engineering
- HND certificate, University diploma, a post-graduate, or professional certificate in relevant field, plustwo (2) years working experience in a related industry.
- ACCA, ICA (Ghana) or its equivalents for Accounting with Computing only
- B. HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- 1. Arts, and Business Programmes
- HND Accountancy – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HNDSecretaryship and Management Studies – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Marketing – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Fashion Design and TextilesStudies
- HND Industrial Arts (Leather Works, Ceramics, Painting & Decorating and Textiles options)
- HND Tourism
- HND Mass and Media Communication.
Entry requirements for Arts and Business (Direct Entry)
- i. WASSCE Candidates:Six(6) passes(A1–D7) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization with minimum grades of C6.
ii.SSSCE/GBCE/RSAII Candidates:Six (6) passes (A – D) in all subjects including English
Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- DBS/ABC/RSA III /Senior Stenographer Applicants:
DBS, ABCE or RSA III certificate plus-four WASSCE passes (A1-D7) or four SSSCE, GBCE or
RSA II passes (A-D)including English Language and Mathematics.
- GCE Advanced Level applicants: Passes in three (3) relevant subjects and five (5)
credit passes in GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- 2. Science and Technology Programmes
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Plant, Production& Automobile options)
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Building Technology
- HND Statistics
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (HCIM) – Morning and Evening Sessions
- HND Electricals/ Electronics Engineering
- HND Information and Communication Technology-Morning and Evening Sessions
Entry requirements for Science and Technology Programmes (Direct Entry)
i.SSSCE/WASSCE Applicants: Six (6) passes (A-D/A1 – D7) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization with minimum grades of C6.
- GCE Advanced Level Candidates: Passes in three (3) relevant subjects and five (5) credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- ii. Technical School (Certificate II)Applicants (NABPTEX &TEU): Applicants must have Six (6) passes (A-E) in all subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics; three of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- iii. Technician Applicants: Technician certificates (Part I and Part II) ora pass in Ordinary Technician Diploma plus four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes(A – D/A1 – D7) including English Language and Core Mathematics.
- iv. Access Applicants: Passes in English language, Mathematics, and Science organized byNABPTEX, plusTechniciancertificate or SSSCE/WASSCE passes in one (1) core subject, one (1) science elective subject and any other science subject.
Other Entry Requirements
Certificates or Diplomas holders from recognized higher institutions are eligible to apply for
any related HND programme. However, such Diplomas/Certificates must be included in the
National Accreditation Board’s (NAB) database of recognized credentials.
General Entry Requirements for Mature HND Applicants:
Applicants who have evidence of completing school at Advance or Technical programmes, GCE ‘O’
Level,GCE “A” Level,ABC,RSA,Stenographer,WASSCE/SSSCE, Teachers certificate or any
recognized education and obtained the age of 25 years and above but have not met the above
stated requirements are eligible to apply as mature candidates. In addition, such applicants:
- Must pass a written examination and an interview to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
- Must provide evidence of at least two (2) years’ work experience.
c.Must provide a Birth Certificate at the interview.
- C. DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES(DBS) PROGRAMMES
The Polytechnic offers the following DBS options:
- Purchasing and Supply
- Information Technology
General Entry Requirements for DBS Programmes
- Four (4)SSSCE passes (A-D) or WASSCE Credits passes (A1-C6) including English Language and Mathematics).
- Four (4) Ghana Commercial Certificate Examination (RSA II) passes (including English Language and Mathematics)
- NACVET/NVTI Typist Certificate (for Secretarial Option).
- Four (4) ABC passes (A-D) including English Language and Mathematics.
- Four (4) RSA II passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- D. THREE-YEAR CERTIFICATE TWO COURSES IN BUSINESS STUDIES
Holders of BECE results with six (6) passes including English language and Core Mathematics are eligible to apply for three-year business studies programme. The programme offers opportunity for the business certificate two holders to progress to the Polytechnics to pursue HND programme in the business areas. The options available are: (1) Accounting option, (2) Secretarial option and (3) Information Technology option.
- ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS MANAGERS AND ADMINISTRATORS (ABMA)
PROGRAMMES – EVENING SESSIONS
ABMA Education is a professional Diploma award recognized by National Accreditation Board (NAB) – Ghana as equivalent to HND at Diploma level six (6). Over 60,000 ABMA examinations are conducted every year worldwide.Applicants have the opportunity now to pursue ABMA programmes at Tamale Polytechnic in the following areas:
- Computing and information systems
- HIV/AIDS Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Management
The ABMA programmes are available at level 4 Diploma, level 5 Diploma and level 6 Diploma.
Entry Requirementsfor ABMA programme
- 1. Level 4 Diploma
i. SSSCE/WASSE – Passes in English and Mathematics
ii. GBCE Passes in English and Mathematics
iii. GCE “O” Level – Passes in English and Mathematics
iv. ABCE/A’ Level /RSAIII- 1 PassPlus passes in English and Mathematics
v. RSA II – 3 Passes Plus passes in English and Mathematics
vi. DBS – 2 passesPlus passes in Eng. and Mathematics
- 2. Level 5 Diploma
- ABMA level 4 Diploma
- 2 passes at A’ level/ABCE at Grade A-D and GCSE including English and Mathematics at grade A-D
- 4 GBCE passes including English and Mathematics.
- 4 SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English and Mathematics at grade (A1-C6) or (A-D)
- 3 DBS passes Plus SSSCE/WASSCE passes in English and Mathematics
- 3. Level 6 Diploma
i. ABMA Level 5 Diploma
ii. HND Certificate or international equivalent
- F. CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT) PROGRAMMES
i. CILT INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE
ii. CILT INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA
Time of Delivery: EVENING OR WEEKENDS
Entry Requirements and duration for CILT Programmes
- CILT INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE:
Applicants who have evidence of completing school at Advance or Technician Part I, ii, and iii programmes, GCE ‘O’Level, GCE “A” Level and WASSCE/SSSCE, or equivalent
Professional qualifications. Applicants should have worked in logistics and transport
Duration: six months
Warehousing and stores operations
Passenger Transport operations
- CILT INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA:
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport
- University degree/HND or equivalence with the relevant area of study.
Plus exemption at the certificate level, and evidence of work experience in a logistics and transport environment
Duration: One year (two semesters)
- G. ADVANCED AND TECHNICIANPROGRAMMES
(i) ADVANCED CRAFT – COOKERY FOR THE CATERING INDUSTRY
(ii) ADVANCED CRAFT – FASHION AND DESIGN
(iii) ADVANCED CRAFT – PAINTING AND DECORATING
(iv) ADVANCED CRAFT – BLOCK-LAYING AND CONCRETING
(v) ADVANCED CRAFT – CARPENTRY AND JOINERY
(vi) ADVANCED CRAFT – WELDING AND FABRICATION
(vii) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I & II
(viii) MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I & II
(ix) ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I & II
(x) RADIO, TV & ELECTRONICS PART I & II
(xi) CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN COURSE PART I & II
(xii) AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I & II
General Entry Requirements for Advanced and Technician Programmes
(1) CTC – 1
- Five (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
- Technicians Construction Option Subjects; Craft (B/C, C/J, P/D Plumbing) or Advanced (B/C and C/J)
(2) MET – 1
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Technical Option Subjects; Engineering Intermediate Craft, General Engineering (GE), Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice (MECP).
(3) MVT – 1
- Four (4) SSSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- Technical Option Subjects, Motor Vehicle Mechanics works (MVM), Intermediate General Engineering (GE)
(4) EET – 1 and Radio TV &Electronics Part I
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and any two of the following – Applied Electricity/Electronics, Physics, Mathematics.
- Electrical Installation work course C.
- Electrical Installation Work course B or Electrical Installation Craft practice.
- Radio, Television and Electronics Mechanics
(5) CTC II/MET II/ MVT II/ EET II/ RADIO TV &Electronics Part II
- Applicants should be holders of CTC I/ MET I/ MVT I/ Radio TV Part I
(6) Advanced Catering – 812/2: Holders of Cookery for the Catering Industry Craft
(7) Advanced Fashion: Holders of Intermediate Fashion
(8) Advanced Welding: Holders of Intermediate Welding
G. ACCESS OR PRE-HND COURSE
The Pre- HND or Access Course (English Language, Mathematics and Science) is organized by National Board for Professional and Technician Exams (NABPTEX) to foster enrolment into the following programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- HND Automotive Engineering
- HND Building Technology
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
- HND Industrial Arts
- HND FashionDesign and Textiles studies
- HND Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- HND Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Note: Duration for the course is nine (9) months.
Applicants should possess the following:
(i) Intermediate Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant programme stated above.
(ii) SSSCE and WASSCEPasses in three subjects comprising at least one (1) core subject (English, Mathematics andIntegrated Science or Social Studies)plus one (1) Science elective subject (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics, Agriculture Science, Metal Works, and any other science subject.
H.INTERMEDIATE CRAFT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
- Radio, Television and Electronics Mechanics
- Cookery for the Catering industry Part 1
- Block-laying and Concreting, Craft
- Carpentry and Joinery, Craft
- Painting and Decorating, Craft
- Welding Craft Practice
- Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice
- Motor Vehicle mechanics work
- Agricultural Mechanics work
- Electrical Installation work
- k. Intermediate Fashion
- l. Small Engine Repairs
- m. Industrial Mechanics
- a. Applicants with BECE results must have passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science in addition to passes in three (3) other subjects with an aggregate of not more than 30.
- b. Applicants with SSSCE/WASSCE results must have passes in at least three (3) subjects.
|1||BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES||150|
|3||ACCESS COURSE (PRE-HND COURSE)||90|
|4||CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT)||80|
|5||DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES||70|
|8||CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS STUDIES||50|
|FOREIGN APPLICANTS FOR ANY PROGRAMME||USD 100|
MODE OF PAYMENT AND DELIVERY OF TAMALE POLY APPLICATION FORM
- Applicants should pay for e-vouchers from any branches of the HFC and GN Banks.
- Applicants should log in; http://admissions.tamalepoly.edu.gh with e-voucher pin to complete the application form online.
- Two (2) copies of the completed application forms should be printed and submitted to: The Registrar,
P.O. Box 3 ER Tamale.
- Applicants should also enclose two self-addressed envelopes which should include:
- Applicant’s name
- Postal address
- Postal town
- Residential area, house number, street name and any popular landmark for courier services
- The mobile number