Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for admission into Distance Learning Programmes of the College of Distance Education, University of Cape Coast, for the 2021/2022 academic year via direct entry or through mature applicants’ route.
1.0 SALES CENTRES
The requisite application forms can be obtained from:
- The banks listed below: All Branches of GCB Bank Ghana Ltd.
- a)All Branches of Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) Ghana Ltd.
- b)All Branches of Zenith Bank Ghana Ltd.
- c)All Branches of Consolidated Bank
- d)All Branches of Prudential Bank Ltd.
- e)All Branches of GT Bank
- f)All branches of ARB APEX Bank and All Rural and Community Banks
- g)All branches of Republic Bank
- h)All Regional and Major District Offices of GHANA POST.
- Through Mobile Money ID *966*3*555#
- Regional Administrators
- Study Centre Coordinators
2.0 SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS
The cost of an Application Form is as follows:
Direct Applicant (Diploma and Degree Programmes)
The cost of an Application Form is Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH¢220.00).
Mature Entrance Examination Applicants
The cost of an Application Form is Two Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GH¢220.00)
Applicants are required to pay additional Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00) into University of Cape Coast – College of Distance Education Remittance Account Number 3021200000032 at any branch of GCB Bank Ltd. The fee covers ONLY registration, tuition, examination and course pack for preparatory classes.
3.0 BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have five passes (A1-D7) for WASSCE and A-D for SSSCE), three of which should be credit passes (C6 or D) or better including English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants must possess any one of the following qualifications:
Applicants must have credit passes in six subjects with overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively. Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant elective subjects.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
- WASSCE means A1 – C6
- SSSCE means A – D
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Applicants must have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics plus and three relevant elective subjects.
General Certificate in Education (GCE) – Advanced Level
Applicants should in addition to credit passes in five G.C.E. ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, three passes in relevant subjects at the Advanced Level
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Applicants with full Diploma in ABCE must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including; English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination, SSSCE or WASSCE.
- Teacher’s Certificate A.
- POST DIPLOMA APPLICANTS
Applicants should have a Diploma or a Professional qualification equivalent to Diploma from a related discipline. Applicants may be placed at Level 300 or 200 depending on the type of qualification.
Applicants should visit the University of Cape Coast or College of Distance Education website for detailed specific programme requirements.
4.0 ENTRY BY MATURE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
Applicants who do not meet the specified requirements for Direct Entry into the above programmes can gain admission to the programme when they pass a Mature Entrance Examination (MEE).
Preparatory classes will be held from 18th September, 2021 to 7th November, 2021 at selected Examination Centres throughout the country to enhance applicants’ chances at passing the Entrance Examination.
The examination will be held on Saturday, 13th November, 2021 and Sunday, 14th November, 2021.
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates should be at least 25 years old by 30th September, 2021. Applicants should attach copy of birth certificate that is at least five years old at the time of the application.
Also, applicants must have any one of the following:
- Minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE (i.e. D7, E8 or E) or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Certificate
- NVTI Certificate
iii. Holders of NABPTEX Certificate or Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) Certificate awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES.
- Applicants should have a background in the preferred programme.
NB: Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either WASSCE/SSSCE or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects.
5.0 ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- Aptitude Test
- General Paper
Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
NB: Applicants are to note that the preparatory classes in the lead up to the Mature Entrance Examination shall take place at the designated examination centres.
6.0 PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Bachelor of Education (Basic Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Bachelor of Education (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Junior High School Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Education (Management)
- Bachelor of Education (Social Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
- Diploma in Commerce (Accounting)
- Diploma in Commerce (Management)
SOCIAL SCIENCE PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Science (Economics)
- Bachelor of Science (Economics with Finance)
7.0 ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- a)Applicants will be given a receipt or text message containing a pin and serial number at the various Sale Centres. This will be used to complete the Application Form Online. Applicants should take the receipt to the nearest Study Centre Coordinator for further instructions.
- b)Online applicants should visit application.ucc.edu.gh, then go to Admissions and click on Apply Online for further instructions. Applicants should then select DISTANCE application type.
- c)All applicants are required to provide the following information on the large EMS envelope:
- application reference number
- names in full, no abbreviations accepted
- study/examination centr
- contact number
vii. programme – which should be hand written.
Applicants should ensure that all WASSCE/SSSCE results are verified. A copy of the Confirmation Page together with a copy of Academic Transcript and Certificates should be submitted to the nearest College of Distance Education Study Centre or to any branch of Ghana Post Office.
The closing date for sale of application forms is 30th September, 2021 for MEE Applicants and 31st October, 2021 for DIRECT Applicants.
9.0 SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
- Two copies of completed online Application forms accompanied by two copies of result slips, certificates and transcripts should be sent to the nearest College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres or to the Ghana Post
- Hard Copies of the completed online application forms should reach the Admissions Unit, College of Distance Education not later than 8th October, 2021 for MEE Applicants and 5th November, 2021 for DIRECT Applicants.
- Application forms received without application reference numbers, photocopies of certificates, results slips/final GPA of transcripts will not be processed.
- Keep photocopies of the confirmation page and receipt with pin and serial numbers for reference purposes.
- Application reference numbers should be quoted when communicating with the College.
- No change of programme will be allowed after submission of the application on-line.
- Foreign applicants will pay their fees in US Dollars.
- For enquires, call us on 0556950944/0208114677.
10.0 REGIONAL OFFICES AND STUDY CENTRES OF COLLEGE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION:
Applicants should submit their completed Application Forms or Enquire about the Sale of Application Forms from the following Regional and Study Centres of the College of Distance Education, University of Cape Coast branches:
Kumasi Office (Tafo Nhyiaso), Obuasi (Obuasi Snr High Technical Sch), Offinso (Dwamena Akenten SHS), Kumasi (Simms, Serwa Nyarko Girls, KSTS, KTI, WESCO, T. I. AMASS and Mmofraturo School), Mampong Technical College of Education, Manso Abore SHS, Nkawie Sec Tech, Tepa S.H.S. and Konongo Odumasi SHS.
Bono, Bono East and Ahafo:
Sunyani Office (Abesim, Asana Junction), Dormaa SHS, Drobo SHS, Nkoranman SHS, Hwidiem SHS, Techiman SHS, Nkoranza SHS, Kintampo SHS, Wenchi Farm Institute, Sunyani SHS, and Sunyani Technical University.
Central Regional Office (CoDE Building UCC, First Floor) Swedru (SWESBU & SWESCO), Assin Foso (Obiri Yeboah SHS), Apam SHS, Breman Asikuma SHS, Dunkwa-On-Offin (Boa Amponsem SHS), Kasoa (Ngleshi Amanfrom SHS, Mary Star of the Sea, Norris Jorsling) and Twifo Praso SHS
Koforidua Office (Near Democracy Restaurant, off the Oyoko-Asokore Highway), Oda (Attafuah SHS), Abetifi College of Education, Yilo Krobo Sec. Tech., Akwamuman SHS (Akosombo), Begoro Presec SHS, Oyoko Methodist SHS, Ghana Secondary School and IGNIS School Nsawam
Accra (Papafio Hills, Zenith College, St. Margaret Mary Sec. Tech., Lutheran- Kanda and Madina, Deyoungters International, Odorgonno SHS and Accra High SHS); Ada (Ada College of Education and Ada SHS) and Tema (Tema SHS, Chemu SHS and Trinity Lutheran School)
Northern, North East and Savanna
Tamale Office (Sagnarigu, Opposite Greater Heights International School), Salaga SHS, Damongo SHS, Gambaga Girls SHS, Tamale College of Education and Tamale Technical University.
Bolgatanga Office (Yikeni on the Navrongo Rd.), Navrongo (Notre Dame SHS), Zebilla SHTS
Wa Office at Sombo close to Homeland Clinic, Wa Sec), Tumu College of Education, Lawra SHS, Nandom SHS
Volta and Oti:
Ho Office (Little Bethlehem), Akatsi College of Education, St. Teresa’s College of Education, Hohoe, Jasikan College of Education, Mawuli SHS, Keta Business College and Sokode SHS.
Western and Western North:
Takoradi Office (Ntankorful), Tarkwa (Fiaseman SHS), Nsein SHS, Enchi College of Education, , Bibiani Sec Tech, Sefwi Dabiso College of Education, Juaboso SHS and Sefwi Wiawso College of Education, Bompeh SHS, St. John’s SHS and Holy Child College of Education.