Academic Year: 2020 to 2021
DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
ADMISSION OF MATURE CANDIDATES INTO FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Mature Candidates for admission into first degree programmes of the University of Cape Coast for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Applicants are to buy application E-Vouchers which are up for sale at the Centres listed below:
1.0 SALES CENTRES
- Cash Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals (Mode of payment – CASH)
- University of Cape Coast Accra Office, Tesano, Accra (Mode of payment –CASH)
APPLICATION FEE – GH¢400.00 (covers cost of scratch card, examination fee and preparatory classes fee)
The deadlines for the sale of application e-vouchers and the submission of completed application forms are Friday, 13th December, 2021 and Wednesday, 18th December, 2021 respectively.
2.0 ONLINE APPLICATIONS
- Online applicants should visit apply.ucc.edu.gh then click on Regular Programmes/Graduate Distance Application and proceed with the application process. Applicants should select the MATURE application type.
- All applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope: (a) application reference number (b) names in full – no abbreviations accepted (c) postal address (d) first choice programme and (e) application category which should be MATURE.
- Applicants are advised to read application instructions as well as the contents of the admissions brochure/prospectus very carefully before completing the online application form. They should do well to verify their SSSCE/WASSCE results. Applications on which APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBERS are not indicated will not be processed.
3.0 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE CANDIDATES
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates must;
- be, at least, Twenty-Five (25) years old by 31st December, 2021. A copy of applicant’s birth certificate issued not less than five (5) years from the day of completing the application form should be enclosed with the application materials.
- have any one of the following:
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate
- Teacher’s Cert. ‘A’
- NVTI Certificate
- NABPTEX Certificate
NB. Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either SSSCE/WASSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects after payment of a fee of GHS60.00 per subject.
4.0 ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
4.1 Main Papers
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- General Paper
- Aptitude Test
4.2 Special/Practical Papers
- Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
- Practical examinations will be conducted for candidates applying for the Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Education (Health, Physical Education & Recreation) programmes on a date which will be communicated to successful applicants.
4.3 Dates for Examinations
- Thursday, 16th January, 2020 – General Paper and Aptitude Test
- Friday, 17th January, 2020 – Special Papers in Mathematics and English
4.4 Preparatory Classes
PREPARATORY CLASSES WILL BE RUN FOR ALL APPLICANTS BY THE UNIVERSITY from Friday, 27th December, 2021 to Tuesday, 14th January, 2020 on selected topics to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Applicants are expected to report to campus on Thursday, 26th December, 2021. An orientation programme will be held for all applicants on Friday, 27th December, 2021 at 9:00 am prompt in CA Ackah Lecture Theatre 2 (CAALT 2) before the start of the preparatory classes. All applicants are expected to participate in the orientation programme.
Applicants are encouraged to make their own accommodation arrangements with the Halls of residence (at a subsidized rate of Ten Ghana Cedis per night) at the North University campus (New Site) for the period of the preparatory classes and the examinations.
4.6 Placement of Successful Applicants
Successful applicants will, on admission, be placed at Level 100 of their respective programmes of choice.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS
- Copies of completed online application forms (confirmation pages) accompanied by photocopies of results slip(s), birth certificate, payment slips or receipts, transcripts (where applicable) and other relevant documents should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand.
Completed online application forms should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 20th December, 2021.
Applicants are to ensure that copies of the application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
- No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips (not returnable) should accompany completed forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration.
A change of programme after the submission of application form would NOT be entertained.
6.0 PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR 2021/2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Mature candidates are advised to select only programmes that are listed below.
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
|B.A. (African Studies)|
|B. A. (Communication Studies)|
|B.A. (Theatre Studies)|
|B.A. (Film Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|B.Sc (Tourism Management)|
|B.A. (Population & Health)|
|B.A. (Social Sciences)|
|B.Sc (Hospitality Management)|
|SCHOOL OF BUSINESS|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement & Supply Chain Management)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)|
|FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Social Sciences)|
|B.Ed (Social Studies)|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION|
|B.Ed (Health, Physical Education and Recreation)|
|B.Ed (Computer Science)|
|B.Ed (Home Economics)|
|B.Ed. (Communication Design)|
|Bachelor of Fine Art Education (Painting and Sculpture)|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS|
|B.Ed (Junior High School Education)|
|B.Ed (Primary Education)|
|B.Ed (Early Childhood Education)|
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE|
|B.Sc (Animal Production)|
|B.Sc (Agricultural Extension and Community Development)|