The management of the Akrokerri College of Education has released the names of successful applicants offered provisional admission for the 2020/2021 academic session. admission list is simply the names of successfully admitted applicants offered provisional admission into an institution. Admission lists are usually released by institutions after the conduct of admission scre...
The University of Ghana Medical School (UGMS) is inviting applications from qualified applicants for admission into the Graduate Entry Medical Programme for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
- Applicants should have a good (BSc) First Degree (Minimum of 2nd Class Lower) in the following science-based courses: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physician Assistantship, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, Biomedical Engineering, Laboratory Sciences, Physiotherapy and Radiography. Graduates whose courses are not listed should not apply.
- Candidates should have obtained a good WASSCE/SSSCE grade in three (3) core and Three (3) Elective subjects.
- There should be evidence of having completed National Service (if applicable).
NATURE OF PROGRAMME AND DURATION
The Graduate Entry Medical Programme is an integrated 4-year Medical Programme which leads to the award of MB ChB Degree. The Programme will begin in April 2020 and will be run on a FULL-TIME and NON-RESIDENTIAL BASIS for the Phase I and residential for Phase II.
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
University of Ghana online application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for Two Hundred Ghana Cedis GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, adb Bank, GCB Bank, Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, UniBank, Prudential Bank and Fidelity Bank.
Foreign Applicants are to pay One Hundred Ten US Dollars (US$110.00) as application fee into FGN-USD (0161034485604301) College Health Sciences, Korle Bu Campus. SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC. Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon. Kindly indicate SMD-GEMP on the payslip and upload as part of the application form.
HOW TO APPLY
Ghanaian Applicants are to apply online by clicking here
Foreign Applicants are to apply online by visiting http://admission.ug.edu.gh/fs
Eligible candidates are to confirm their eligibility from the website and obtain a form at the Academic Affairs Office, UGMS, Korle-Bu (Room 23) Fill and attach the following documents: Two recent endorsed passport-sized photograph, Two endorsed Recommendation Letters from 2 Referees from a relevant Academic Institution, Copy of Certificates (SHS & Degree), Original Transcript, a copy of 6 months bank statement and other financial instruments as proof of ability to pay Include addresses and Letters from Sponsor(s) undertaking to pay all fees showing detailed information of present work status, a Proof of online registration and NSS Certificates where applicable.
NB: Documents submitted will not be returned.
A shortlisted of suitable candidates will be available at the UG website. Shortlisted candidates may apply for the access course. Candidates are to pay One Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢1,250.00) for a TWO-WEEK ACCESS Course and Entrance Examination. Candidates should check their eligibility and proceed to pay at the GCB Bank A/c No. 1131180000772. Kindly indicate UGMS-GEMP on the payslip.
The Access Course covers English Language, Quantitative Methods, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Anatomy and Physiology.
The course will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, Korle-Bu from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day.
Participation in the Access Course is NOT compulsory but it is highly recommended.
Shortlisted eligible candidates will be admitted into the Programme subject to passing an Entrance Examination and Oral Interview.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF FORMS
All online applications and submission of forms should be completed by Friday, December 31, 2019.
For further information please contact the Academic Affairs Office/GEMP Secretariat:
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Telephone: +233 302-666987/8 +233 302-661446
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR GEMP 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Shortlisted eligible candidates should take note of the following dates regarding the Graduate Entry Medical Programme admissions:
- Shortlist of Eligible Candidates – Friday, 17th January 2020
- Access Course – Monday, 27th January – Friday, 7th February 2020
- Entrance Examination – Tuesday, 11th February 2020
- Interview – Thursday, 13th February – Friday, 14th February 2020
- Registration/Med. Exams – Monday, 30th March – Friday, 10th April 2020
- Orientation/Workshop on
Teaching & Learning Methodologies – Monday, 6th April – Friday, 10th April 2020
- Lectures Begin – Monday, 13th April 2020
The Entrance Examination takes place on Tuesday, 11th February, 2020. There will be only one centre – Accra Centre.
VENUE: ACCRA – GHANA
The Entrance Examination will take place at the University of Ghana Medical School, New Examination Hall, Korle-Bu, Accra – Ghana as follows:
- Paper 1 – General Paper is from 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Paper 2 – Scientific Foundations of Medicine is from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
It is expected that all applicants will arrange to be in Accra, Ghana within the periods stated abov