Corporate Affairs Commission.
The Corporate Affairs Commission was established by the Companies and Allied Matters Act, which was promulgated in 1990 to regulate the formation and management of companies in Nigeria.
Functions of the Commission
The functions of the Commission as set out in section 7 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, includes the following:
- To administer the Act, including the regulation and supervision of the formation, incorporation, management and winding up of companies
- To establish and maintain companies registry and offices in all the states of the Federation suitably and adequately equipped to discharge its functions under the Act or any law in respect of which it is charged with responsibility
- Arrange and conduct an investigation into the affairs of any company where the interests of the shareholders and the public so demand
- To undertake such other activities as are necessary or expedient for giving full effect to the provisions of the Act.
- The Commission also registers Business Names, and Incorporated Trustees as well as provides a wide range of ancillary services